Location: South Africa–>Eastern Cape–>Shamwari Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family
Shamwari, a Shona word meaning ‘my friend’ is one of the largest private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa. The reserve covers 25 000 hectares of verdant bush along the Bushmans River in the Eastern Cape. The malaria-free reserve is home to five of the seven biomes found in South Africa, and its location close to the Garden Route make a safari at Shamwari a perfect choice for those seeking to combine a tour of the Garden Route with a luxury Big Five safari.
Villa Lobengula provides a truly traditional African experience. The ethnically decorated thatched lodge is tucked into the valley bushveld, offering guests a tranquil and luxurious destination.
Villa Lobengula is bookable on a sole use basis only. Guests will thus have the sumptuous villa to themselves, with a private guide, staff, and chef catering to their personal needs. The well-trained staff provides a high quality of service ensuring satisfaction to the most discerning guest.
The lodge is suitable for parties of up to twelve guests in the six luxury en-suite rooms. All rooms have an indoor and outdoor shower, and a private verandah overlooking the African bushveld. There are five Junior Suites, and a Chief Suite with its own private plunge pool, lounge and fireplace. Two of the Junior Suites have their own private plunge pool too.
• Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth until you reach the N2 / N10 cross over.
• Follow the N10 to Paterson/Cradock bypassing Paterson.
• Travel for 11 km from Paterson until you reach the Alicedale turn-off.
• Turn right at the Lobengula Lodge sign board and travel for a further 12 km on a gravel road.
• Turn right at the Shamwari Gate and follow the sign boards to Lobengula Lodge.
• Follow the N2 on the Grahamstown road for 65kms, turn left at the Shamwari sign on to gravel (R342) for 7 kms, turn right at the Shamwari sign.
• (R32) turn left at Paterson (R342), follow the road for 11kms, turn left at the Shamwari sign.
• Follow the N2 towards Port Elizabeth for 58kms, turn right at the Shamwari sign (R342) for 7kms, and right at the Shamwari sign.
|01 Mar 2014 – 31 Dec 2014|
Villa Lobengula accommodates 12 guests.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts