Location: South Africa–>North West–>Pilanesberg National Park
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Comfort Level: Luxury
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic
Above the African Plains. Nestled against the side of a hill surrounded by the mountains of the Pilanesburg National Park; overlooking a waterhole and savannah plain, lies Tshukudu Bush Lodge.
One of Africa’s most romantic game lodges, nestled within the remains of an extinct volcano where game traverse the plane below and Big Five sightings are the norm rather than the exception. Each custom designed chalet offers a romantic sunken bath, an open plan lounge and bedroom, with a fireplace and private balcony. Tshukudu is known for its five star service, bushveld experience, the quality of field guides and uniqueness of its African inspired cuisine.
With six splendidly decorated and recently refurbished chalets to choose from, Tshukudu Bush Lodge is the ideal place to enjoy a serene, romantic weekend or fabulously indulgent getaway – just because you can.
The Pilanesberg National Park is home to the “Big 5” (elephant, rhino and buffalo).
• Travel north along William Nicol Drive to the four-way intersection with Witkoppen Road.
• Turn left into Witkoppen road towards Lanseria/Roodepoort.
• Turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom Extension on the road towards Broederstroom and Lanseria.
• Cross over the Muldersdrift/Diepsloot Road and continue with the R512 towards Broederstroom and Lanseria.
• Cross the bridge over the R28 Krugersdorp/Pretoria highway, pass the Lanseria turnoff and continue straight ahead.
• At the T-junction turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg.
• Continue on this road until you see the Sun City signboard on your left. Turn right on the R512 to Brits and cross the bridge over Hartebeespoort Dam.
• At the T-junction turn right on the R512 to Brits. Follow directional signs.
• Continue to the four-way stop and turn left on the R512/27 for Brits/Rustenburg.
• Pass the first Brits turnoff. At the signpost R27 Rustenburg/Brits turn right.
• On the bridge turn left towards Rustenburg.
• Continue till you get to the slipway to the left. Take the slipway and continue on the new N4 highway.
• A signboard on the left side of the road indicates Pilanesberg to the left on route 91. Exit left off the highway.
• At the T-junction turn right and continue on this road to Sun City.
• Pass the Kwa Maritane signboard and Sun Village and turn right at the Bakubung and Tshukudu signpost.
• Follow the road and it will lead you to the Bakubung Gate.
• At Bakubung Reception, ask for Tshukudu Office.
• The transfer to Tshukudu is at 14h00 from Bakubung.
|01 May 2014 – 31 Aug 2014|
|01 Sep 2014 – 31 Dec 2014|
Prices include transfers between Bakubung and Tshukudu, accommodation, welcome drinks on arrival, high tea, two game drives, five-course dinner, brunch and all local beverages.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts