Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Timbavati Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic
Timbavati Nature Reserve, 53 392 unfenced hectares of gorgeous nature reserve, is located to the north and west of the famous Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve and the Kruger National Park, respectively. Decades old, this reserve is a much treasured getaway destination. With more than forty individual mammal species and over 360 bird species, and gorgeous facilities, guests are guaranteed all the relaxation and authentic bush adventure of the very best safari trip.
Simbavati River Lodge built along contemporary style lines, and nestled comfortably into the cozy folds of the greater Timbavati – intimate and well shaded under the Jackalberry canopies that blanket the area. Flanking the Nhlaralumi River, Simbavati is an inviting holiday destination; an authentic slice of the Timbavati, with an ecosystem which has evolved and adapted specifically to the area.
Simbavati prides itself on being a holistic safari experience – equal parts excellent service, quality accommodation, and thrilling safari adventure.
Accommodation at Simbavati is provided in either Luxury Safari Tents or amply sized Family Suites – all units finished with en-suite bathrooms, private game viewing decks, eco-friendly air conditioning, and two-point plug converters.
• O R Tambo Johannesburg International – Hoedspruit
• Cape Town International – Hoedspruit
• Transfers to lodge are available
• Simbavati River Lodge is a 6 hour Drive from Johannesburg
• Take the N4 to Witbank. Take the Belfast Offramp (R33/R540)
• Once in Belfast town, turn right into Voortrekker Street and continue straight to Dullstroom on the R540
• Drive through Dullstroom town to Lyndenberg. Once in Lyndenberg turn left into Potgieter Street and continue straight to Orighstad on the R36 until it turns left to Tzaneen. Do not turn, but continue straight on the R527 to Hoedspruit
• In Hoedspruit, continue straight over the bridge crossing the train tracks to a T-junction
• At the stop turn right and continue towards Bosbokrand / Bushbuckridge along the R40
• 6/7km from Hoedspruit, note the East-Gate Airport sign on your left hand side. At the sign, turn left towards the Eastgate airport and Timbavati
• Drive past the airport for 27 km of tar till you reach the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
• At the entrance you will be required to pay an entrance/conservation fee of R 170.00 per person and R 120.00 per car. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation (Prices subject to change)
• Continue Straight for 15.9km (on tar road), you will see a dam on the right hand side, turn right after the dam where it is clearly marked with Simbavati River Lodge. Follow the Simbavati River Lodge paw print signs on the trees for a further 6km to the lodge.
GPS: -24.216000 (latitude) 31.353133 (longitude)
|01 Oct 2013 – 31 Aug 2014||01 Sep 2014 – 30 Apr 2015|
|01 Oct 2013 – 31 Aug 2014|
Price includes standard meals, accommodation and two game drives per day.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts