Location: South Africa–>Mpumalanga–>Southern Kruger
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family
The ancient Makhonjwa Mountains and broad Komati River valley provide the scenic backdrop to the Nkomazi Game Reserve, situated close to the picturesque town of Barberton in Mpumalanga. Nkomazi, which means ‘place of water’, is an area of timeless beauty, offering protection to the oldest fossils on Earth. Here, plateau and valley, mountain and savannah, water and soil weave together to create a landscape rich in biodiversity. The reserve preserves vast tracts of grasslands in the most threatened biome in the world, with plant diversity second only to the Cape Floral Region. This is where the Barberton daisy was first discovered, and where the protea finds it home. The diverse habitats provide a sanctuary for a plethora of wildlife, including rare and endangered species. Several game species have been systematically reintroduced to the reserve, and are carefully monitored to maintain the delicate ecological balance of this beautiful conservation area.
The Five star lodge offers guests sumptuous comfort, exceptional service and facilities, and the perfect opportunity to unwind and absorb the beauty of the landscape and its treasures.
The five star Tented Lodge offers ten tents, each with king-size beds, en-suite bathrooms with a shower and outdoor bath, and a large private sundeck with plunge pool. All units sleep two people, and the Royal Tent offers a luxurious private tented lounge. The Victorian military ‘Africa Campaign’ styled tents are luxuriously furnished and positioned for privacy, ensuring that guests experience tranquillity and solitude in sumptuous comfort.
• Take the N4 towards Witbank, turn right into Machadodorp and take the Badplaas turnoff.
• You will arrive at a T-junction (left to Baberton and right to Badplaas) – turn right towards Badplaas on the R38.
• Turn left onto the R541 to Lochiel and continue for 13.8 km.
• Turn left towards Tjakastad and continue for approximately 7 km.
• The entrance will be on your left hand side.
• Head South along the R40 towards Barberton, before you arrive in the town of Barberton turn right onto the R38, marked Carolina.
• Just before you arrive in Badplaas turn left into the R541 to Lochiel and continue along for 13.8 km.
• Turn left towards Tjakastad and continue along the road for 7 km. The entrance will be on your left hand side.
• The road from the gate to the lodge is not accessible by normal or 4×4 vehicles and therefore guests are transferred from the welcoming lounge (situated at the gate) to the lodge.
• Arriving guests will be picked up from the welcoming lounge at 13h00.
• Departing guests will depart the lodge at 11h00 to arrive back at the welcoming lounge at 11h20.
• Transfers at alternative times will be charged at an additional fee
|01 Jan 2014 – 31 Dec 2014|
|01 Jan 2014 – 31 Dec 2014|
Prices include all meals, high tea, game drives, fly-fishing for yellow fish, mountain biking, nature walks and tracking, and selected beverages.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts