Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic, Family
Sabi Sands Game Reserve, regarded by many as the “birthplace” of sustainable wilderness tourism and development in Sub-Saharan Africa, is understood by guests and staff to be a place of wilderness, wildlife and adventure. Home to an extensive cross-section of the Mpumalanga wildlife population, including the Big Five and various endangered species, the park also shares 50 kilometers of its unfenced boundary line with neighbouring Kruger National Park. Animals pass casually between the two parks, unhindered and abundant.
Londolozi Game Reserve, a sub-section to the greater Sabi Sand Game Reserve, is geared towards luxury and exclusivity. Spanning an area of 14 000 hectares, along the western border of the Kruger National Park, and created by brothers and wildlife conservationists Dave and John Varty, Londolozi has also become known internationally as a place dedicated to the principals of eco tourism.
Owing its name to the Zulu term for “protector of all things”, Londolozi endeavours to incorporate this ethic into all their operations and projects. Considered a “predator’s paradise”, the area is made famous by its impressive leopard population, as well as a host of other wild animals and grand flora.
Granite Suites are so named after the impressive use of granite materials in the lodge’s decor and general construction. A relaxing surrounding of subtle colours and aged, sturdy accommodation, with modern and comfortable interiors, Granite Suites are a fantastic way to spend a holiday at Londolozi.
Three exclusive Granite Suites are all fitted with private heated plunge pools, air conditioning, and vaulted guest areas, well suited to romantic guest getaways.
• O R Tambo Johannesburg International – Hoedspruit
• Cape Town International – Hoedspruit
• Transfers to lodge are available
• From Johannesburg, take the N12 / N4 to Nelspruit, and then the R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview
• Get onto the R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate. After 37kms, turn left onto a gravel road, which is 1km past the Lisbon store
• Enter the gate to the Sabi Sands Reserve
• Follow the signs to Londolozi (approximately 28kms)
• At present the rate is R50.00 per vehicle to enter the reserve, which is subject to alteration. The entrance fee can only be confirmed at the time of making your reservation
GPS: -24.7972 (latitude), 31.4955 (longitude)
|16 Dec 2013 – 15 Dec 2014|
Included in this price: accommodation, all meals, teas and coffees daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, two game drives daily in open land rovers, and nature walks accompanied by armed professional trackers; transfers to and from Londolozi airstrip to lodge and laudry services.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts