Location: South Africa–>Kruger National Park–>Lion Sands Private Game Reserve
Accommodation Type: Lodge
Good For: Solo, Couple/Romantic
Sabi Sands Game Reserve, regarded by many as the “birthplace” of sustainable wilderness tourism and development in Sub-Saharan Africa, is understood by guests and staff to be a place of wilderness, wildlife and adventure. Home to an extensive cross-section of the Mpumalanga wildlife population, including the Big Five and various endangered species, the park also shares 50 kilometers of its unfenced boundary line with neighbouring Kruger National Park. Animals pass casually between the two parks, unhindered and abundant.
Lion Sands Private Game Reserve forms part of the greater Kruger National Park, unfenced and completely open to the free roaming wilderness and adventure of some of the greatest nature conservancy in South Africa.
Established in 1933, Lion Sands reserve has a long history of ownership within the More family. It has a wonderful reputation as the only reserve in the Sabi Sand with its own full time ecologist, responsible for the preservation of this area. Private and exclusive, Lion Sands Reserve is a unique and exciting safari experience.
Ivory Lodge is the archetypal private game lodge, with a heavy emphasis on exclusivity and luxury. Guests enjoy suites so well furnished, designed, and waited on, that the experience is more like that of a private villa. With stunning wooden decor and a sense of the history and spirit of the area ingrained in every inch of this lodge, guests are guaranteed a safari experience unlike any other.
Book three nights at Lion Sands Ivory Lodge and receive two nights absolutely free at a luxury Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Valid from the 5 January 2014 – 19 December 2014 and 5-11 January 2015 and subject to availability of rooms.
Valid for FIT bookings only,
Maximum 2 rooms/4 guests
Ivory Lodge accommodation is made in six luxury suites, each complete with en-suite bathroom, indoor and outdoor shower, air conditioning and overhead fans, a fireplace, gorgeous wooden viewing deck, and private plunge pool, as well as internet connectivity.
• Recommended route from Johannesburg or Pretoria
• Take the N12/N4 highway to Nelspruit. R40 from Nelspruit to Hazyview
• At Hazyview turn right onto R536 towards Paul Kruger Gate
• After 38km turn left onto gravel road which is signposted to Sabi Sands
• Drive along dirt road for 4km
• At Tjunction turn right and drive for 4km to Sabi Sand Gate (entrance fee R80 per vehicle)
• Drive straight as signposted to Lion Sands Game Reserve
• After 2km turn right at sign. Drive straight following signs to either River Lodge or Ivory Lodge
• Scheduled Flights-
• There is one flight daily from Johannesburg International Airport with Airlink to Mala Mala Airstrip where transfers to the lodge in our openLand Rovers are available
• The transfer time is 45 minutes and the approximate flying time is 1h05min
• There are also three flights daily from Johannesburg International Airport with Federal Air to Skukuza Airport where transfers to the lodge in our open Land Rovers are available
• The transfer time is 25 minutes and the approximate flying time is 1h30min
• Alternatively fly on Airlink to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport from Cape Town or Johannesburg International Airports
• Lion Sands can organize road transfers from KMI Airport to Lion Sands or hire a car and follow the above directions to Lion Sands
• A recommended option is the romantic Rovos Rail Safari from Pretoria to Komatipoort, with transfers to Skukuza by bus.
• Our open Land Rovers will collect and transfer the guests from Skukuza airport to Lion Sands.
• Private air charters service the Skukuza airport and are available on request from reservations.
GPS: -24.967766 (latitude) 31.548066 (longitude)
|11 Jan 2014 – 18 Dec 2014||19 Dec 2014 – 04 Jan 2015||05 Jan 2015 – 11 Jan 2015|
The prices include luxurious accommodation in a suite with a private lounge and plunge pool, three meals per day including teas and coffees, soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits, and house wines; laundry, two game drives and safari activities with qualified ranger and tracker.
Looking for the best Kruger National Park self-catering & Luxury Lodges deals?
& receive free premium gifts